Monday, January 08, 2007

The House of Lords Toilets




What a funny year so far. Today just zipped down to london, arriving 3 hours early as we were going to the Department of Health to take part in a meeting with the Health Minister. My colleagues' anxiety over being late was mocha'd in Starbucks. Onto the DOH for a good frisking and to meet Rosie Winterton and her entourage - a 1/2 hour of spicy chitchat later then she took us over the road to the House of Lords where 10 of us met with a similar number of Lords and Ladies to discuss the amendments to the Mental Health Bill which was debated this afternoon. I now understand why we don`t have oak forests left in the country. As photographs weren`t allowed (!) all I could get away with was a quick flash in the toilets and on the stairs going up to the Commons gallery!
It was all a bit Hogwarts crossed with public school dinners! The final pic is of me looking tired outside the H of L's (well I was up very early!!)

No comments: