Saturday, January 13, 2007

God`s heart for the poor and evil dentists

As some people are aware I was given a new job last September which meant that I had responsiblity for Adult Psychiatry services for Durham, Darlington, Teesside, and North East Yorkshire. One of the unexpected blessings of this has been the larger number of people that are finding out about my fundraising for Rhema school. On friday I got an email from the IT department in the Trust who have raised over £50 for the school, then 1/2 hour later I got a telephone call from one of the General Managers telling me that there is strong interest in supporting the school from Darlington - this is in addition to the £500 "christmas card money" given to me by my own team.
I have been worried that we will not be able to raise the £70,000 that we need for the new build school but the sneaky suspicion is growing in my mind that my new role may have less to do with my personal brilliance and more to do with God wanting to bless generations of poor children in Uganda............ and as I reflect on this, it is putting a big smile on my face this morning!
Finally a report in the Times that a Dentist forcibly extracted two teeth from an 87 year old patient without anaesthetic as she had previously complained about his care - as she was held down by the Nurse he reportedly shouted at her "that'll teach you not to complain to the Doctor" - hmmm big surprise that story........ Dentist causes pain!!!!!!!

No comments: