Saturday, October 27, 2007

Invitation to the party

Anne and I are on Facebook as well now - due to the necessity of keeping vaguely in touch with our errant adult children. I will add links onto the side menu!
I have now firmly ditched motorbiking since my last accident (which was very painful) and wrote off my beloved Yamaha 1000 V-Twin - however being the son of my father, this year has seen the renaissance of my love for guitar playing which has been quite a surprise. You don't expect a teenage dream to become true in your 40's but for me that has happened. I continue to embarrass myself by going public with my music under the name Di Griso but despite the cringeworthy mistakes (of which there are many) I have managed to persuade someone who has been in the professional music scene to record her vocals on a song I have written next wednesday. She has a black soul voice so if the experiment works I will put it up on the Di Griso site as an Mp3 download.
This weekend Anne and I or one of us are being interviewed on the local radio because we are having Michele Guinness over to stay next weekend to speak on the subject of "Invitation to the party" and launch her new book at our church. As well as that I am speaking on Apostleship on Sunday, Anne is going to London for a medical conference, tonight we are going to an evening of Stand-up comedy and live music which is hosted by my exceedingly mental GP in Stokesley just down the road - it is called Stokesley Humour And Gig - hmmm notice the acronym!

No comments: