Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Secret NHS heroin injections for criminal addicts

So there are two secret NHS sites for giving addicts heroin by injection - for the first time since the 1960`s - and one of them is Darlington (part of my Trust!). The argument is that treatment with Methadone doesn`t work - ooh big news that, I`m sure we could say that treatment to get people off drugs largely doesn`t work full stop!! Then that 2/3 of all crime is drug fuelled and that to support an average £15,000 annual habit you need to steal £45,000 worth of stuff.
The solution is to stop the crime by turning NHS staff into dealers of free heroin!! Oh the stuff of genius!!! Debate that one over a church BBQ.
Meanwhile back at the ranch I was phoned today by a chappie asking me to be available to meet some american bigwig next week for a two day power conference (including a saturday!) with a couple of other "really important people" to discuss innovative ways to introduce change management processes into health care systems. This involves working with Toyota and will involve a 2 week trip to Japan next year! Is it just me or is this really odd???????
I think I have died and gone to crazyland as some sort of penance!
I am consoling myself with a lovely bottle of Louis Latour Chardonnay which is my personal drug of choice!

No comments: