Friday, January 04, 2008

Iron Maiden - Christian band????

From the band that brought you "Bring your daughters to the slaughter" and "The number of the beast" here is the song Pilgrim on the latest Iron Maiden album where you will find these lyrics!
"To courage find and gracious will
Deliver good from ill
Clean the water clean our guilt
With us do what you will
Then will my judge appear
Bear no false angel that I hear
For only then I will confess
To my eternal hell

Now give us our holy sign
Changing water into wine
So to you we bid farewell
Kingdom of heaven to hell

Spirit holy life eternal
Raise me up take me home
Pilgrim sunrise pagan sunset
Onward journey begun.

and from the song "The greater good of God" we find:"He gave his life for us he fell upon the cross
To die for all of those who never mourn his loss
It wasn't meant for us to fell the pain again
Tell me why, tell me why"
Hmmm more obvious than many christian bands and this is a band that have sold over 100 million albums worldwide.

No comments: